Turkish Airlines Name Change Policy says that you should make your reservation with a legal and correct name that is printed on your government-issued ID. Even if a single character is different from your legal ID, you will be stopped at the check-in point. And, of course, you don’t want that. So, it’s better to be careful at the time of flight booking. However, sometimes you commit minor mistakes like typing or spelling errors but even that’s not acceptable by Turkish Airlines. So, what you can do is submit a Turkish ticket name change request under their customer-centric Turkish Airlines Name change policy. The policy is really helpful to the passengers and ensures a speedy change of name for a nice travel experience. Read on to know more…
SPEEDY PROCESS TO MAKE TURKISH AIRLINES NAME CHANGE ON TICKET
To make the name change on your Turkish Airlines flight ticket, you have two different methods- online and offline. Both of them are super easy and quick. All you need to do is follow the given steps here. You are truly going to love Turkish Airlines Name Correction Policy for its ease of use.
The online method is practical for minor changes such as spelling mistakes, typing mistakes, adding or removing last names, inverted names, etc. Such changes are restricted to up to 4 characters only.
- Click on the “Manage” tab on the turkishairlines.com
- Under the “Manage my Booking” tab, you will be asked for the reference number of 6 digits and the last name of the ticket owner.
- Now, click on the “Change” button. Select the option from the dropdown “Türkiye Hava Yolları name change request.”
- Now, do the rectifications and lock them with the “Save” button.
- Pay any applicable fare difference and name change fee to confirm the changes.
- Check the confirmation email in your inbox.
The offline method under the Turkish Airlines’ name change policy is practical for both minor and major changes to the name such as last name modifications due to divorce or marriage, and legal name changes. For such changes, you will need the legal papers for confirmation of your true identity in the eyes of law.
- Call the Customer Care department.
- An executive will assist you. So, communicate your Turkish ticket name change concern over the call.
- Tell them your 6-digit reservation reference number and your last name so they can access your booking in their database.
- Tell them more about the type of name change that you wish to make on the ticket.
- Submit the documents (if asked).
- Once done, they will let you know the amount of fare difference as well as the name change fee. Make the payment and you’re all set to fly!
Hence, this is how Turkish Airlines’ name correction policy ensures a speedy change of name.