What Do Car Insurance Add-Ons Do?
Since third-party car insurance is required by law, almost all drivers get one. However, for an additional cost, policyholders can upgrade a fundamental policy by adding insurance add-ons. You can manage all aspects of your insurance using a car insurance mobile app. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy.
What Does A Car Tyre Protector Cover?
If tyres or tubes are accidentally lost or damaged, the car insurance provider may pay for any necessary repairs and replacements. Regardless of the circumstance, the company’s liability would not exceed the following, based on the remaining tread depth of the relevant tyre (applicable only if comprehensive coverage is chosen):
- Unused tread depth of less than 3 mm may not covered because it is considered normal wear and tear
- Unused tread depth between 3 and 5 mm costs half as much as new tyres and tubes
- Unused tread depth between 5 and 7 mm costs 75 per cent as much as a new tyre or tube
- 100% of the cost of a new tyre and tube if the tread depth exceeds 7 mm. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy.*
To determine the mean tread depth, which will serve as the foundation for indemnity under the coverage, a minimum of 4 measurements will be taken at four locations. To avail of this, make sure you carry out the process of car insurance renewal online on time. This can be easily done by using the best car insurance app.
What Does A Car Tyre Protector Not Cover?
- If the car is not fixed at anetwork garage.
- Loss or damage resulting from normal wear and tear, such as uneven tyre wear brought on by defective steering geometry that exceeds the manufacturer’s recommended limits or unbalanced wheels, suspension component failure, wheel bearing failure or shock absorber failure.
- Any loss or damage within the first 15 days of the start of the car policy.
- Any damage or loss that happened before the policy’s start date
- Any loss or damage that causes the vehicle’s total loss, including when wheels, tyres, or tubes are adjusted, aligned, balanced, or rotated
- Loss or destruction of wheel accessories, other components, or the rim.
- Theft of a tyre, tube or accessory without stealing the vehicle.
- If the tire(s)/tube(s) being claimed are different from the tire(s) insured/supplied with the vehicle as original equipment, please let us know and make sure it’s noted/endorsed on the car policy.
- A fraudulent act committed by the insured, the workshop, or any other person to whom the insured has given control of the vehicle.
- Loss or damage due to improper handling during transportation or storage
- Any indirect loss or harm, including but not limited to sounds, vibrations, and feelings that have no bearing on a tire’s performance or ability to function.
- Loss or damage brought on by alterations the tyre manufacturer has not authorised.
- Damage or loss brought on by racing, rallies, or illegal activities.
- A minor imperfection or scratch within the manufacturer’s suggested lifespan or in cases where the remaining unused tread depth is less than 3 mm, but does not impact the tire’s performance.
Get insured anytime, anywhere! Check out Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website to learn more and download the app now.
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.